Thursday, February 1, 2007

So far, kind of interested...

Chapter one in the Weblog Handbook by Rebecca Blood really surprised me that there was so much information on blogs. To be honest, I had no ideas blog are as huge as they are. The idea rooted in my mind was that they were something tagged on to social network web sites such as myspace or facebook. I also knew that on e of my mass communication professors used a blog to keep us updated, even so, I didn’t know they were so wide-spread. In my mind, chapter one, “What is a Weblog?” jumped all over the place, but at the same time, stayed clearly as an introduction for dummies like myself J

I’m amazed how a weblog can literally be about anything and people will read it. Anything from politics to humor to everyday thought to minute by minute updates on the September 11 attacks.

I enjoyed learning about the importance of links on blogs. Any piece of work can be brought to an infinite number of reader’s attention through linking.

I like Rebecca Blood’s statement that bloggers unexpectedly turn out to be experts on all kinds of topics. This is so true. Someone that knows a lot about automobiles can dedicate a blog specific to this knowledge and potentially help out any number of people. I think I better star searching blogs on things I find interesting!

I like the verification that journalism can exist in weblogs, but doesn’t usually. I like having the understanding that my entries don’t have to be prim and proper. They don’t even necessary have to make sense!

Overall, this first chapter helps possibly answer a lot of question I had or probably would eventually have about blogs. I like that my blog is my own and I have no guidelines other than to make it so I get an A in this class.

No comments: