Saturday, January 27, 2007

Work

I just recently started my new job at the Holiday Inn Express in Bemidji. Gotta pay those college bills off somehow. I'm not new to the hotel business. I've worked at Holiday Inn since I was 15 years old. I haven't had a few jobs here and there, just the one, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

It is weird adjusting to a new work atmosphere. I don't recognize any of the guests anymore. At home, I was familiar with at least someone almost every day. The people here are very friendly, but they aren't my co-workers from home. Can you tell I'm not super great with change? I feel like a stranger here, but now as I remember back, I used to hate, I mean absolutley HATE going to work at 7a.m. when I first started. Writing that and remembering that makes me feel a little better, I guess.

Anyway, hopefully I'll make it through my second day here. Who knows, maybe I'll get to go home early! :)

No comments: